Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Down, Take a Breath

It's been a crazy day.  A crazy week actually.  I feel like I've become a person who's always in a hurry.  I'm in a hurry to get ready in the morning, to make dinner, to get errands done, to get toys cleaned up, to get phone calls made, etc.  I have too much to do, not enough time to do it, and so I feel like I'm not doing any of it well.  The perfectionist in me doesn't like this one bit.

And, I feel like I'm not the person I want to be when I'm always in a hurry like this.  I'm not as kind, patient, or thoughtful as I would like to be.  I got home from errands and lunch today to realize that I could barely remember any of the conversations or interactions that I had.  I did have this nagging feeling in my stomach though that I wasn't exactly thrilled with the person that I was when I was out.  I try to treat everyone I come in contact with the way that I would want to be treated and I can't say that I did that.  I can't even remember if I did that!

I'm tired of being in a rush.  I want to slow down, enjoy my life, enjoy by Bean who is growing so fast already, I don't need to speed it up at all!  So something has to give.  If I'm recommitting to myself, what can I cut?  I honestly don't know right now, but I've got some thinking to do.

1 comment:

  1. Must be something in the air this week. I have been late for work, which is not like me, and I have been having a hard time focusing on some conversations. A great book my friend recommended is The Hormone Diet by Natasha Turner. It's not a diet, more like a Naturopathic theory of how to live a healthier life and I really enjoyed it and got some good tips out of it. Check if your library has it!

    ReplyDelete