Thursday, February 16, 2012

All done...for now.

Well, the whole thing today wasn't so bad.  The sonogram itself wasn't that bad, except for having people up in my business for longer then they normally would be on a monitoring day.  Hubby is currently making Bean lunch and I'm hanging out on the couch with a little cramping, but really not bad at all.  I won't get the official word on everything until my doctor returns to the office next week and looks at the pictures, but the nurse practitioner told me what she thought.  She was actually really great.  She wasn't there the last time I did all this.  She showed me all the pictures though and explained what we were looking at and what it meant.  Essentially she thinks I have a polyp that's kind of low down in my uterus and is gumming up the works.  My period isn't normal because the polyp is kind of blocking the exit.  So she thinks that the doctor will want to do a hysteroscopy to go in and take it out.  I asked if it could be something else or if I should worry for my own health.  She seemed confident that it was most likely a polyp which she said are usually benign.  The surgery is scheduled tentatively for the middle of next month.  I feel like they wouldn't wait that long if they had seen something really concerning, so I'm convincing myself that all this is no big deal, just another road block to once again delay the start of our journey towards (hopefully) another baby.  I've had a hsyteroscopy before and know what to expect so I'm not too worried about that.  And I feel incredibly lucky to have people to help out if I need it.  So I'm trying to put my fears to rest for now.  I'll feel better when this is all over, but being a worried mess until the middle of March isn't going to fix anything, so I'm going to do my best to go on as normal.  And I'm going to enjoy the next few minutes of being able to lay on the couch in the middle of the day while I can.  That is something that certainly doesn't happen very often.  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and well wishes.  I can't tell you how much it means to me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they are confident that it is a minor issue. But man those minor issues are so frustrating when you are ready to get moving! Take advantage of the couch time and enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God that chances are high for this to be a minor thing!
    I hope it gets fixed properly and that there will be no more delays en route to baby.
    Rest, catch your breath, cuddle Bean and get well.
    Thinking of you.
    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that they aren't too worried! I'm sorry its slowing down the process, but at least you can get it taken care of soon and move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad it's something that can be taken care of relatively easy! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete