Friday, November 4, 2011

Exhausted but thankful

My apologies to everyone, as I have been absent all week from blogging and commenting.  For once though, it's not my fault!  The plug got pulled on us last Saturday.  We got hit by that crazy snowstorm that came through and the power went off until Tuesday.  My mother-in-law was staying with us until Thursday when her power came back on.  So today is the first day that I actually have my real life back.  I missed it!  And I want so badly to jump back in, comment on all the posts that have gone up in the last week, and tell you all about what's been happening here.  But I am exhausted.  This last week took a lot out of me, and on top of that I have family stuff that's weighing on me.  So it's going to take me a little bit to get up and running again.  Right now though I'm really thankful.  I'm thankful for electricity, for heat and water, for a normal morning with Bean, for the fact that Bean was able to get through all this so easily, even if it was hard on the rest of us, and for the fact that this event was just a short spurt in my life.  I know that there are people out there who deal with basic challenges like this everyday and I'm not going to complain about what we had to deal with because it could have been much worse, and because it was temporary.  I am however, thankful that it's over.

1 comment:

  1. When the daily routine is upset, I find myself more bothered by it than George, who adapts easier.
    Take your time and get back to your life. I am sorry to hear about things weighing down on you. I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete