Monday, June 27, 2011

A summertime word of warning

We learned the hard way yesterday that sandboxes and onsies DO NOT go together.  I didn't even think about it when I let Bean into her sandbox wearing just a diaper and a onsie but before long she was shifting around, getting up and down, and looking uncomfortable.  I realized pretty quickly that her little diaper was filled with sand so I was going to take it off of her so she could run around in the back yard and get as much of the sand off as she could.  (For the record, our yard is fenced so she wouldn't be showing her naked self to the whole neighborhood.)  Well, I quickly aborted this when I realized that sand wasn't the only thing that her diaper was filled with which lead to a BAD situation.  It's impossible to clean a dirty little butt that's also covered in sand without causing a lot of discomfort.  Hubby tried briefly before she got pretty sad and we just plopped her into the bathtub.  Of course, at this point she was really sad and would only be happy if I got into the tub with her.  Finding yourself in a bathtub with a poo and sand covered baby is one of those situations that you just don't imagine when you have a baby!  Needless to say, I took a shower after our bath, but the whole thing was just such a disaster, so I'm putting it out there to save all of the rest of you (although you may be smarter then me and not do this in the first place.)  No sandboxes and onesies!  Put some pants on those kiddos first!

5 comments:

  1. The funny thing is these are the stories that tend to stick with you forever.

    ICLW #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image of you in the bath with the poo and sand... is that wrong?! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning. :-) and for the cheer up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment :)

    Thanks for the warning...I'll keep that in mind, when my boys arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *giggle* I can somehow picture that happening in my house! Hope you have fun in the pants-on sandbox for the rest of summer!

    here via iclw

    ReplyDelete