Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jumbled

That's how I feel lately.  I have a lot of thoughts in my head, a lot of things I'd like to talk about, but when I try to get it out, it comes out wrong.  I can't seem to hold an idea long enough to actually make it into anything that makes sense.  I guess it's just a sign of too many things going on at once.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  It could also be the whole sleep deprivation thing.  The nap transitioning still isn't going well here.  I'm not sure really what's going on up there (in my head that is), I just know that it's frustrating.  So instead of a post that actually has some depth to it, what I have to offer you is a list of things going on in my life right now.

-I'm currently realizing how much I love my dishwasher.  We had a problem with ours and are awaiting a replacement top rack so I'm working with one rack.  I had no idea how much time that sucker saves me.  I will never take it for granted again!

-I have a project in the works.  I'm dying to share it with all of you but I haven't figured out what and how much to share yet.  It's consuming a lot of my time and thoughts though and I would love to tell you all about it.

-My aunt had her first round of chemotherapy this week.  I'm still in disbelief but we're all ready to kick this things butt.  Now we're all just watching and waiting to see how she tolerates it.  Fingers crossed that things continue to go well.

-The weather here has cooled off and it's so nice to be outside without feeling like you're melting.  We're second hand shopping right now to outfit our back yard with some Bean size play things, which is very fun.  And when we were all melting, we tried our little pool for the first time, and Bean LOVED it.  So much fun!

-I finally found a story hour at a local library for kiddos Bean's age.  We went for the first time on Friday and had so much fun.  I'm so glad that we found it and are really looking forward to making it part of our normal routine.

-Hubby has taught Bean how to pant like a dog (don't ask, I think it happened while reading a book about a dog) which she showed off to everyone at the library while we were there.  I'll work on teaching here that running in circles and panting like a dog isn't really proper library etiquette in the future.  This week I was just excited that she didn't sit on my lap without cracking a smile or interacting with anyone the whole time.  And it was pretty cute.  I'll worry if she's still doing it in ten years.

-This week is the start of our CSA for the year and I'm SO excited.  If you don't know what a CSA is, it stands for Community Supported Agriculture and it basically means that we've bought a share in an organic farm in our area.  We get a portion of whatever they grow for the year and we go pick up whatever they have for us once a week.  I can't recommend this enough.  Not only is it a great deal, but it's so much fun and delicious.  And we're supporting local farmers.  I'm so excited to get started up again this year and have Bean be able to really be a part of it.

So that's a little peek into what's going on around here.  Hopefully I'll be able to sort out my thoughts soon and until then, I'll try to put bits and pieces together for you.  What new and exciting things are jumbling up your lives these days?

2 comments:

  1. The CSA sounds so good!! I keep meaning to find one to join and then forgetting.

    Haha...the dog panting things sounds adorable. Now I want to see if I can teach that to my son just for laughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CSA sounds awesome! I need to look for one near me.

    It cracks me up the things our little ones pick up on. I'm amazed everyday! Panting like a dog... that's pretty funny. why does it not surprise me that your husband was the one that taught it lol!

    ReplyDelete