Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Quick Update

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.  We're down to just one feeding a day and I can't quite believe it.  The first night that I dropped the middle of the night nursing, Bean was pretty upset and was up for two and a half hours.  I stuck with it though and the next night she didn't even wake up!  I knew that was too good to be true and it hasn't happened again, but she hasn't been sad about not nursing at night, so I think we're really making progress.  My goal is to drop the last feeding this weekend and we'll be done.

I have to admit that there's a little part of me that's kind of sad about all this.  Breastfeeding has been so easy and special for us, I feel so very lucky.  I kind of expected my body to stink at this just like it has everything else baby related, but it has done an amazing job.  I know that we're incredibly lucky and I breastfed Bean for much longer then I had ever planned.  This is just another one of those milestones though that reminds me that she's growing and changing before our eyes.  She's becoming more and more of a big girl everyday and while I love every second of it, it's just going by so fast.  So I'm going to hold her close every night this week and enjoy the end of a very special time in our lives.  Hopefully it will keep going relatively smoothly.  It just breaks my heart to have her so sad, and know that I could fix it if I really wanted to.  I just have to keep in mind that we have to do this eventually and now feels like the right time.  Ready or not, our little Bean isn't a baby anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweety, you brought tears to my eyes...

    It is so bitter sweet, this growing up and having to accept it, with all the ups and downs.

    Hugs.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete