Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Owie?

Well, we survived the hurricane.  Honestly, we didn't have it so bad although life was somewhat interrupted.  We lost power for about 15 hours or so and had some water in the basement.  Really not bad compared to what other people are dealing with.  I don't even think Bean noticed that anything was amiss.  In the midst of all of it, I managed to be a complete spaz and slice my finger open while doing dishes though.  Not my finest moment, but it's not as bad as it first looked and is healing well on it's own, so no trips to the ER had to happen in the storm.  Bean is pretty fascinated with my finger though.  Here's the conversation that we have about fifty times a day:

Bean: Owie?

Me: Yup, Mama has an owie, but I'm going to be okay.

Bean: See?

Me: We can't see right now, Mama's wearing a bandaid to keep her owie clean.

Bean: Clean?

Me: Yup, I have to keep it clean so it can get better.

Bean: *Pauses* Owie?

And so it begins again.  So a hurricane (or tropical storm, whatever it was when it got here) doesn't phase her in the least, but a bandaid on my finger has her undivided attention.  I have to say that I love her ever growing vocabulary, even when we end up going around in circles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment