Sunday, March 25, 2012

Glad that's over

Well, things got worse before they got better.  Remember when I foolishly said that I wasn't really having any pain from the surgery itself?  I guess it just needed time to get going because soon after I posted last, I started feeling very crampy and bleeding quite a bit.  Enough that I was starting to get nervous.  And kind of weird feeling.  Light headed, tired, still sick to my stomach.  I thought it was all from the anesthesia or from not having any caffeine for days, but hubby started to get worried and I promised that if the bleeding didn't slow down by Saturday I'd call the doctor.

You see, they give you such vague parameters.  If you're bleeding through a pad in an hour, call.  Well, what kind of pad?  What constitutes bleeding through?  Because I normally don't wait until we've gotten to that point before I switch to a new one.  (Sorry if this is all TMI)  I didn't start to get worried until late on Friday and of course at that point, the office was closed.  I knew I could call and talk to someone and they could page my doctor, etc, but it didn't feel that bad.  I kept thinking that I'd bled that much before like when I had my miscarriage or after Bean was born.  Then I realized something Saturday morning.  When I bled those times it was because there was blood built up that had to go somewhere, it wasn't because I had just had surgery and was possibly losing blood that should be flowing through my veins.  Not so smart huh.  Anyway, just when I put all these things together and was about to call my doctor it slowed down considerably.

It took another 24 hours, a long nap, and a dinner of red meat that hubby insisted on making me for me to feel more normal again, but I'm there.  I'm going to talk to my doctor about it at my post-op appointment coming up, but for now I'm just thankful that things seem to be getting better.  I haven't felt out of sorts for that long since my c-section and I realized just how hard it is to try to be a mama when you're not at your best.  Heck, it's hard enough when you are.  It has me a little nervous because the first time I had this surgery I thought it was one and done.  But here I am again and according to my doctor, if you have irregular cycles then you're more prone to polyps.  So I could end up back here again.  Which I wouldn't be super thrilled about.

Anyway, the good news for now is that I'm on the mend and hubby has been SUPER amazing.  I'm continually reminded of new ways I can love him.  Like when I woke up from my nap yesterday on the couch and saw him in the living room surrounded by the worlds largest pile of folded laundry.  He seriously must have washed every piece of dirty laundry in the house and folded it all.  It might sound silly, but I was overcome with love for him at that moment.  It helped too that Bean was right there too "helping" him and he was loving it.  It was a good moment at the end of some not so good days and I'm glad to be on the other side.


  1. Wow, that's kind of scary! I'm glad it cleared up. Plus, sounds like hubby was AWESOME! It's funny the little things that melt us, isn't it? I'm hoping that your cycle gets started soon - I'm looking forward to sharing the next chapter (hopefully!)

  2. Quite an eventful procedure you had there! Glad to hear it cleared up. Now hopefully everything is set to have another baby soon.
    Husbands who do housework are wonderful. A true gift. So happy to hear you've got yourself a keeper.

  3. Thanks for all the support and thanks for checking in on me Babylicious. I'm doing okay. Just as I got better from the surgery we all got sick again and then the craziness of Easter and visitors took over. But now things are starting to get back to normal and i'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.